Far-Infrared Sauna Detoxification
The far-infrared sauna is recommended to promote overall circulation and cleansing / detoxification. Most appreciate warmth however the heat of regular saunas can be very hot and often make it difficult to breathe. The nature of the far-infrared energy is a gentler form of heat that is easier on the breathing and cardiovascular system, while providing an effective treatment. Many people do not perspire much or even at all, and using the far-infrared sauna helps regain and optimize your ability to perspire.
The naturopathic doctor will perform an assessment prior to recommending supervisied far-infrared sauna therapy. Based on the assessment, a program will be custom designed including details on sauna preparation, nutritional recommendations and duration, temperature and frequency of use.
Benefits of the far-infrared sauna:
- Reduces chronic pain
- Cleansing / Detoxification effects
- Promotes overall circulation
- Promotes healing and reduces stress
- Reduces muscle pain
- Improves skin health overall
Specific Problems that can Improve:
- Auto-immune disease (eg: Sjogren’s, Rheumatoid arthritis, Ankylosing spondylitis)
- Cardiac problems (eg: heart failure, blocked coronary arteries)
- Joint pain
- Other skin disorders (eg: acne, cellulite)
- Toxicity (eg: heavy metals, pesicides, solvents, plastics, etc.)